Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Sunny.

Today was crisp and cold, a perfect morning for a spot of gardening. I cleared up the remains of the bonfire in the hens' run putting the ashes in the yew stump hole which is nearly full now. Then it was back to weeding and forking over the ground with the hand fork. Not so many buttercups today but in the soil were still some bramble and nettle roots plus the bright white roots of a weed that can regenerate from the root pieces.
I had to work in the afternoon, back with the reception children doing more handwriting and guess what? Tomorrow will be the same. I don't mind.
I mark the handwriting as the children do it so I was able to leave school quickly. I went to the Co-Op and as well as the milk, tomatoes and coffee I had gone in for came out with a fresh chicken. It was all prepared and seasoned so all I had to do was put the whole thing inside its plastic bag into the oven. There'll be plenty for sandwiches, salads and a stir fry or curry.
Coming home, ahead the sky was cloudless while behind me over the sea was a pretty sunset. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Very cold here by me today.
Nice to get back to blogging and reading about your day. : )