Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 January 2016

Boiler Trouble.

It looked a bit more wintry today with a solid grey sky but here it has been relatively mild again and the rain held off until late afternoon.
Once again my afternoon was spent on my knees grubbing out buttercup roots. Once I neared the corner of the plot I combined several jobs. The weeding continued with bramble and nettle roots put to one side, the stony soil at the very steep corner was removed and put a bucket at a time, into the hole left when I dug up the yew stump. I intend to make a lower level along the end of the plot which will be planted with spare plants from around the garden so that the veg plot can be made less sloping.
Later on when I turned on the central heating I noticed that the boiler was making a new buzzing? sound. Peter decided that we needed to top up the water in the system which involves passing the garden hose in through the kitchen window, across the kitchen and into the back room. Naturally our hose has a leak in the middle which although wrapped with gaffa tape left a puddle on the kitchen floor. Puddles have been mopped up, the water topped up and the noise comes and goes. Peter thinks it's the boiler fan and anyway it's time to get the boiler serviced.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ruta, can I have your email address please?

I've been meaning to contact you for a while now with a proposition.

thank you.

Ruta M. said...

More info please Charlie.

Unknown said...

I'm a PR Account Executive in Plymouth, and we're hoping to invite several popular / good bloggers down to a local park for a few days, with free accommodation, in return for a blog post. Is this something you might be interested in? If so, please contact me.

Thanks Ruta.

Charlie

Ruta M. said...

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for your offer and for including me as a popular/good blogger but I'm working to my physical limit these days and just don't have the time to take off for a few days.

Good luck in your venture.
Ruta.

Unknown said...

Hi Ruta,

Would you be interested in a day pass to River Dart so you can explore the gardens in exchange for a blog post?

Wilfred Andrews said...

Ruta you are very clever to dispatch brambles and nettles, those tough little survivors, without incident. Should you inadvertently brush bare skin against a nettle, I would recommend application of some household ammonia to soothe the burning. I am also a firm believer in regular service for household equipment from cars to boilers, probably cheaper in the long run.

Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating