Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Frosty.

It was ccccold this morning. At 9.00 the garden thermometer read -5C and when I returned home none of the ice patches in the yard had melted so I guess it stayed cold all day 

This was the first proper frost of the winter and the poor arum leaves in the bog garden now look like wilted spinach. 
The carpet fitters came this morning and finished off carpeting the hall and stairs. No more echoing hallway tempting me to test the acoustics with silly noises. The men came at 10.00 and didn't finish until 12.30 with me following on their heels as I usually leave for work at 12.00. 
At school I started getting the children's handwriting books ready and realised after half were done that I needed to stop to have a break and a coffee before actually teaching through the afternoon. Never mind, I thought. I'll just have to do the rest of the books while keeping an eye on the children writing. Then I saw a note saying that the children needed to watch the end of Star Wars IV in the afternoon. As this is the input for their next bit of writing I couldn't even take out a few at a time for handwriting. Instead both classes sat and watched the DVD while I finished putting work in the handwriting books for next Tuesday. As the children had been sat down for a long time I then did some action songs with them before taking them out for a long playtime.
The staff meeting after school was all about filling in charts showing the interventions and extra things each class teacher is doing for their children with extra needs. There wasn't really anything for me to do but when I asked if I needed to be there it was suggested that it would be helpful for me to have an overview of the classes I work with so I didn't leave until 5.00.

Back home I had a lot of hoovering to do as there hadn't been time earlier to clear up all those strands of fibre that were everywhere. I'm off now to have more chicken and salad for my supper.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Why do you suppose it is, Ruta, that photos of winter look so ethereal? I am so glad to read you make time for your students to do some form of physical activity. My son had ants in his pants and so often was unable to rid them because of school needs. He was fortunate that he did have a morning, noon and afternoon recess. I drive by an elementary school near my house often and am glad to see the children on the playground. Your carpet looks lovely, glad for you and Peter that it is done.