Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 January 2016

Wet.

It has rained all day long. I took these photos in the middle of the day and the camera has lightened up what was a very gloomy day. An hour later it was almost dark and the afternoon slid quickly into the dark of early evening. It is beginning to get a bit colder and for once I have put on 2 fleeces which are keeping me warm.
A good day for working at my pc. Peter has been working on getting me Office as although I brought the disc home from work - the licence does cover home pcs if they are being used for work but unfortunately the numbers written down are the order number and not the licence code. (As the school outsources its IT support the companies we used have hung onto all such vital data.) I do have Office on my work lap-top but it will be inconvenient though not impossible to work on that.
Our internet connection has improved enough for me to send all the wedding photos I took to Sally though at 5MB each I can only send 3 at a time. I also carried on with writing up notes for my family journal though at one point I found myself looking at the wrong year on my blog and had to go back and check again.
The internet also proved useful for finding out how to knit an elastic bind (cast) off. The instructions on the pattern for the dwarf's mitten from The Hobbit were a bit unclear so after seeing it done on a video I now know what I'm doing. One mitten is done and one to go. Peter complains if I try to knit in bed because of the noise of the needles but luckily working with 4 needles I 'clack' less and I can knit once he has fallen asleep which is about 5 minutes after he starts to read his book.

No comments: