Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 January 2016

Cold.

After a stormy night today has been mostly dry with icy winds blowing. I didn't dare risk my back by working outside but I've been able to get on with several indoor jobs. Most of my afternoon was spent sitting at the kitchen table brushing my favourite fluffy fleece hoody after it had been in the wash. Result one soft and fluffy hoody to wear to work and lots of black fluff around the place. I did hoover up afterwards but I'm sure that I'll be finding bits of fluff around the place for a while. I also had a nice long session going through my blog to take notes for my journal. Lots of happy memories and sunny days while the wind whistled outside.
On this week's list of jobs was 'start sorting the pink bedroom'. I've started with the easiest of rooms as there's little stored in there apart from a box of clothes under the bed and more in the wardrobe. I did manage to sort out a few items of clothing to take to the charity shop but I'm hanging onto things that either will fit when I drop some weight or might be needed in years to come if I get a bit larger. Once I give up work and we move to the coast in a new area I don't see myself bothering much with clothes shopping. It will be nice then to have a selection to chose from when my current favourites are either worn out or grown out of.
Having gone through that dental treatment at the hospital last November I'm still having trouble in the same spot this time a bit worse. I phoned the clinic this morning and was able to refer myself back to see the same consultant and my appointment for that is in a week's time. If I had gone through my dentist it could have taken months to get an appointment so I'm feeling quite pleased with myself.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta, our skies are matching today. Best luck with your dental appointment. I, too, save clothing. You are very perceptive to realize that once one is retired, clothing has a different use. Here in Michigan, I have dress slacks, mostly I wear jeans ... naturally the season makes a difference; however, my needs have changed a great deal. Tops are dictated by temperature. Sadly, my dress slacks are for funerals.