Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 January 2016

Town Day.

It's getting a bit colder and there were lots of dark clouds in the sky today. No doubt forerunners to the yellow alert heavy rains due tonight. So keen was I this morning that I had loaded up the car with stuff for the dump even before I had my breakfast. As well as stuff for the dump I took in a couple of bags for the charity shop, the RSPCA one this time as included were some child's sized safety stirrups with leathers and a crop. 
As well as going to the dump I did a full town visit, parking at Lidl's and walking over the bridge into town. I picked up some more books at the library and had a general mosey around. I was looking for a diary to record my daily photos but couldn't find anything. No diaries at Tesco's apart from a mini one which I bought in desperation.
On my way home I thought I'd drop in at the Pound Shop and there I found a good selection of diaries for ..... you've guessed - £1. Normally I buy a long slim diary half the size but this one will do and I won't have to use tiny writing. The goblet I got from Tesco's. I got all excited when I found it because last year Peter and I bought 4 of these recycled glass goblets from the clearance shelf. They weren't cheap so we just bought 4 and very quickly one got broken. But there were no more in the shop. This is the first time I've seen them again and this one was the last one on the shelf. It was only as I looked at my photo that I noticed a chip on the foot. Blast! I dug the receipt out of the bin and it will have to go back. Maybe I can make enough fuss so that they order one in for me.
At home I got out the polyfiller and covered over the cracks in a spare room ceiling. I don't like the random textured effect but it does make repairs less noticeable. That room is now almost clear and in a couple of days I'll paint the ceiling to freshen it up. While I had the dust sheets out and a chair to stand on I also filled some cracks in the corridor ceiling. Every bit helps.

No comments: