Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 January 2016

Warm.

Last night my sleep was disturbed by a nightmare where I was being chased by an evil monster along with scary noises. I woke in a fright to the sound of stentorian snoring sounding even worse than usual as Peter has a bit of a cold. My usual remedy of putting on headphones and listening to the radio did nothing to drown out the loud noises. As Peter already wakes 3 or 4 times in the night from the pain of his arthritis I could hardly poke him awake for something he can't help. After about half an hour I decided the only way I was going to get any sleep was to move rooms. We have plenty of spare beds but I ended up under a duvet on the sofa as that way I could listen to the World Service radio via the tv. I slept soundly until 7.00 when I crept back into bed for a few more hours sleep.
The mild weather continues with it being around 10C all day. I didn't hear the frogs croaking in the pond but when I got close I could see a lot of suspicious waving of the plant stems emerging from the water.
I've got a couple of full days working this week so I decided not to risk overdoing things outside. Instead I got on with the job of sorting 'stuff'. There was a fair amount of moving things from one place to another but some things ended up in the 'give away' pile or the rubbish bag. While I know I'm hanging on to some things 'just in case' I want to reduce the amount of possessions we'll have to pack up when we do move. 

No comments: