Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 January 2016

Much Colder.

An icy wind has been blowing all day long. It would have been exhilarating to work outside this morning but I was waiting for a phone call from the carpet fitter. They had phoned me yesterday to confirm that they would be coming today. Then this morning they phoned to say they had to finish another job first and would come after that. Each time I told them I needed to leave at 12.00. Then I get a call from the fitter at 11.30 to say he was on his way. That was no good but he was going to phone in a few minutes after he had looked at his book to arrange a better time. By 12.00 there was no phone call so I left for work. I came home to find a message on the answer phone to say they can't come for another 2 weeks. That's a little irritating. 
Instead I did some school work and put my new earrings onto hooks. Naturally I planned to wear them today but I took one off when it was banging against the phone and then forgot to put it back in when I left for work. I had to take the other one off which made me feel very incomplete as I always wear earrings to work.
At school I'm back on handwriting with the reception children and rushed my way through 27 children writing the letter g. After work I dropped into the Co-Op and got my usual haul of bargains including Christmas cards and Star Wars wrapping paper.
  I was surprised to see the kerria beginning to flower.
 3 stages of Squeaky getting into her favourite warm spot.

This morning I was looking out of the open back room window when there was a squawk and a sparrow hawk zoomed along about 5ft up following the bends in the stream and out to the lake.

No comments: