Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 January 2016

Storm Henry.

We're now being battered by Storm Henry which has brought howling winds and sheets of rain. Looking at the link I see that it is due to get worse tomorrow though once again we should escape the worst of it. When I ventured outside this afternoon to take some photos it wasn't too bad in the shelter of the house but when I tried to walk around the end on the building I was nearly blown over. I'm taking part in the RSPB bird watch this weekend. You could count your garden birds seen in an hour yesterday or today but I think I'll use yesterday's tally; 3 Blue Tits, 3 Great Tits, 3 Coal Tits, 1 robin, 1 Nuthatch, 1 Greater Spotted Woodpecker, 2 sparrows, 1 pheasant, 1 blackbird and 20 rooks. I would have included the geese and ducks on the lake next door but there was no sign of them this weekend. Most of my sightings were at or on the feeder at the back of the house.
Our much anticipated Chinese meal last night was very tasty. Unfortunately the overload of fat was too much for my system and I suffered from indigestion all night long. King prawn balls, pancake roll and prawn crackers in one meal was a munch too far. My fault for eating too much but I wonder if my lack of a gall bladder makes me less tolerant to fatty foods. Things weren't helped this morning when as well as my usual back ache I also had a nasty sinus headache. I popped a pill and slumbered the morning away listening to the wind howling outside. How good that it isn't a work day. This afternoon I took things easy and had a long session at my current puzzle which is especially tricky before putting a bit more paint on the spare room ceiling.

No comments: