Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 February 2016

Wasted Trip.

The wind was still blowing this morning but it didn't feel too cold. There was some rain which had stopped by the time I set off for work. When I got to school it was almost sunny. It felt even warmer in town but of course there is a lot of shelter from all the buildings. 
Monday afternoons pass quickly with having to change classes and then hear and teach a group of 8 children read, stick some work in their books to do at home and write comments. All in 20 minutes.
After school I headed into town as I wanted to buy some plastic storage boxes from Wilko, the sort that have lids on. When I got to the shop there were 5 boxes on the shelf but only 1 lid. An assistant had a look in their store but couldn't find the lids. I was just about to order 10 boxes when I saw that the price wasn't £3.50 as I thought but £5.00 which is the same as at Tesco's. The boxes had been in the wrong place on the shelf when I looked last week. In that case I might as well buy them at Tesco's and not have the bother of carrying them to where the car was parked. I did take in another bag of clothes to the charity shop so the visit wasn't a total waste.
On my way home I stopped to take some photos of the evening sky.  


Right now the wind is whistling around the house again.

No comments: