Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 February 2016

Plenty of Work Done.

It's been bright and sunny today but bitterly cold in the wind. I got quite a few things done today both indoors and out. As well as the usual painting I worked in the conservatory. It wasn't too bad, just some tidying up and while it was a nice breezy day I moved all the trays that normally catch the drips, to let the floor underneath dry out.  The cats' fleece blankets that cover the chair seats in the conservatory were washed and hung up on the line to dry. It's been a long time since I was able to hang anything up outside.  
I took this week's rubbish up to the top of the drive and also re-bagged the damaged bags that were in the wheelie bin. The wind up there was so cold yet if I stood in a sheltered spot it felt warm in the sun. 
I took advantage of the dry day to clean out one of the sheds shifting the dry wood shavings to the compost heap and  having a bonfire to burn the really rotten and unusable wood. 
After a shower to get rid of the smell of woodsmoke I finished the day with an ironing session.

No comments: