Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 February 2016

Sunny.

It was such a lovely day that we headed out for a short walk along the beach. It's been a long time since we've been able to get out. It's either the weather, our health or just being too busy that stops us so it made a really nice change to relax and get some sea air. 
The recent storms have brought back a lot of the sand to Barricane Beach. 
The tide was only just going out so there wasn't much opportunity to search for creatures in the rock pools. Instead I  had fun attempting to skip stones across the water. It was lovely to sit in the sun drinking coffee looking out across an almost deserted beach.
At home I had a happy afternoon working in the garden. I finished off the new veg plot with more raking, making a central path as well as putting in a path on the side. I had time to weed over the area I planted last autumn as well as my rows of hardy geraniums which I propagated last year. Now all that is left is to dig up the weeds under the apple trees. And tidy up the other wood shed which is quite dilapidated. Once it warms up a bit I'll bring in more ornamental grasses to complete the planting across the bottom of that area.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Looks like a beautiful day for taking a walk.
I like to skip stones too and was pretty good at it as a kid. : )

Harriet said...

Such a lovely day for a stroll. Your photos are beautiful.