Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 February 2016

Busy Day.

I didn't get round to making those earrings today as I filled my day with 'jobs'. Peter had to go in to work to do some overtime which he has to do though he'd rather not. My first job was yet another coat of stain-stop. Then into our bedroom where I painted some of the ceiling to freshen it up. Where I had treated and cleaned off some mould it looked a little grey so I painted a strip right around the edge and now it looks a lot better. Then I had a mini spring clean in the bedroom, washing down all the paintwork, cleaning the windows and wiping all the surfaces. After that I took my paint out to the hall where all the bits of the ceiling I had used filler on were a different shade of white. These I went over with the white paint to blend them in. Then back into Peter's study where I  finished filling gaps with decorator's caulk and scrubbed down one set of shelves and the door. 
After all that, and a few tea breaks I still had to iron our duvet cover and remake the bed. It's so frustrating to find that just doing those simple jobs makes my back hurt. Peter came home in the late afternoon at the same time as a delegation of small boys called round. Jack and 2 friends, one of whom I had taught 5 years ago had come round to say hello. The real reason was to see if Peter would bring out one of his air rifles which he duly did. The boys were all very happy to be allowed to fire off a few pellets at the trees under Peter's supervision.  
Some oddities I came across yesterday in Tesco's - beetroot and raspberry yoghurt, no wonder they were in the reduced section and no I didn't feel like trying them and a sweet chocolate brownie pizza. All the worst of processed junk food in one hit. Yuck. I like chocolate brownies, preferably home made but on a pizza?

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love pizza but can't imagine one with chocolate brownies on it!! : )