Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 February 2016

A Bright Day.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers. This morning I was up early to make a start on the ceiling of Peter's study. The same leak that had damaged the hall ceiling many years ago had also affected part of the ceiling around the hatch that leads to the loft above the original farmhouse. My job this morning was to scrape off as much of the water damaged textured plaster as I could. Although I covered everything including the floor with dust sheets there was still a lot of hoovering to do before the room was fit enough for Peter to use this evening. I would have cleaned up anyway as I don't want plaster dust being tracked around the house. While I worked I wore goggles with a face mask and scarf along with my work clothes but I still needed a quick shower before heading off to school. When I got home there was time to fill a few holes and cracks in the ceiling as well as scrape off a bit more of the artex. And of course more hoovering.
I had a reasonable afternoon with the reception class working on their letter formation and then hearing a guided reading group. 
On my way home I stopped to take some photos of the evening sky. Here the rain is coming down in the sea just beyond Appledore. 
 And here is my signature tilt of the horizon. I must have a wonky eye.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Pretty neat to see the rain coming down off in the distance!
A snowy day here by me.