Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 February 2016

Indoor Garden.

It's been one of those grey days, raining lightly for most of the time. At one point I thought I'd get outside for some gardening so naturally the rain got heavier. Instead I've got up to date with work for school and carried on sorting out stuff. 
One thing I did was to bring in the forced hyacinths. When I did remember I had put them in a dark space it was a little late to hope for Christmas flowering but they've been growing away happily in the conservatory since then. Now I've a little garden on the kitchen window sill with the white and yellow bulbs still to bloom. 
Another thing I did today was to start filling one of my storage boxes with riding stuff. Although it's been many years since I had either the time or money to ride I still haven't written that activity off. I might let some things go, I mean do I really need 5 pairs of jodhpurs? That sounds a lot but there are; 2 pairs of cream ones for competition/ formal events including a very good stretchy pair from Moss Bros. that fitted me when I was pregnant with Vytas, a black pair of thermal winter weight ones and 2 pairs of dark blue jods which were my everyday pairs. Also I don't think I need to hang onto my jockey cap as I don't think I'll be doing any riding with that amount of risk and my standard hard hat should be enough. To give up the whole lot would be saying goodbye to something that was a big part of my life. I still see myself being able to trek round the Welsh mountains one day on something reasonably sensible.

2 comments:

happyone said...

How nice to have those flowers on the window sill. Nice to know spring is just around the corner.
Ah so that's where you get your horse knowledge from.

Ruta M. said...

In those years before children I looked after other people's horses and carried on with proper lessons for jumping and dressage. Perhaps I'm just hanging onto my youth.