Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 February 2016

Stormy.

Lots of howling wind and lashing rain this morning. By the afternoon and after I had painted a second coat of paint on the study wall the rain had died down. I wrapped up well and told Peter I was going out for an hour's moss and leaf clearing. In the end I spent the whole afternoon working up at the scree garden. It was one of those days when everything looked a lot brighter outside than through the windows. The sound of the wind roaring through the trees drowned out most other sounds except when the rooks returned home to their trees. I cleared moss and leaves from one section of the scree garden and then decided to cut back some of the ornamental grasses. They do give a lot of colour and movement to the garden in the winter but I remember last spring wishing that I had given them an early trim rather than having to pick out all the dead stems. If for some reason they die there are plenty more seedlings of that grass growing between the stones.
Before finishing up for the day I grouted the tiles of the small splashback above the study sink and brought up the painted boxing to go under the sink. Using half inch thick pine boards was a bit excessive but I'm glad the pipes are now hidden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another busy day for you. : ) A rainy day here today after a beautiful sunny one yesterday.