Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 February 2016

Warmer.

It has been a lot warmer today with quite a bit of cloud in the sky. In the morning I had a doctor's appointment after which I went to the dump. Peter has been clearing out all his spare IT cables etc which he he doesn't need as he no longer fixes peoples computers. The shredder has been busy too as he sorts out all his paperwork. 
Coming home I had to slow down to let some riders walk down the drive. You can ride down but it is so steep that Sarah prefers her riders to lead the horses down to prevent the horses slipping and damaging their knees. Once I had done some more painting I took myself outside for some garden work. The soil has dried out enough for me to get back to working on the new veg plot. Up came all the buttercups with their roots dangling like jellyfish tendrils. The docks which on the surface have only their first 2 leaves often had 12" of tap root. They were satisfying to pull up. I got lots done and now there is only a corner left to dig over and weed. It's a long job when you have to do it on your knees but the end is in sight. This evening I took some vegetable peelings up to the compost heap and couldn't resist making a start on raking the soil level.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm looking forward to the time I can work on my garden. More snow today.