Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Cold.

We had a heavy frost this morning followed by a bright sunny day. At school lots of children didn't even bother with their jumpers it was so nice and warm. 
I painted a second coat of gloss on all the wood in the study this morning then went on to paint a first coat on another bedroom door and frame as well as another loft hatch.
At school I had an afternoon of phonics followed by observing and recording the children. During phonics I had to stop when one little girl sitting in the back row on the carpet began wailing almost hysterically. I wondered what on earth had happened. Was it perhaps a sudden Code Brown (they are only little) ? But no, she had pushed her pencil up the sleeve of her cardigan and couldn't get it out again. A great disaster! I think she was upset because she wouldn't be able to do her writing. Off came her cardigan and a therapeutic wet paper towel was put on her wrist where she had been scrabbling with her fingers. Normally the children write on small whiteboards with wipe-off pens but the class was issued 30 new pens a couple of weeks ago and now there are only 2. Mainly because the children leave the tops off so that they dry up. That's why they have to use paper and pencils. Makes it harder for me to see what the whole class is doing when they are sat in front of me.
The sun was out all day but as soon as it went down the temperature plummeted. Some bits of the garden still had their morning frost as the sun only reaches part of the garden this time of year.

No comments: