Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Sunny.

It was bright and breezy this morning. It would have been nice to work outside but I had planned to get the spare room ready for a new carpet so that is what I did. I took up the old carpet and tied it in rolls ready to go down to the dump. A good hoovering and a wash down of the woodwork had the room all sorted. After work I drove over to the carpet warehouse and had a long browse through the remnants section. My aim was to spend as little as possible on something that would make the room welcoming. Dark colours were out so I had to pass over a few of the cheapest pieces and I didn't want any pattern or texture. The room is painted yellow so the neutral beige tones of which there were a reasonable selection wouldn't do either. In the end I settled for petrol blue to set off the yellow. The room sized piece cost me £61. Naturally I had to make a start on laying the carpet as soon as I got home. That was not as easy as I had imagined. Trying to push the carpet up to the edges was a bit of a challenge especially with the bed, a chest of drawers and a storage box to shuffle around. I've got it down but it needs a bit more kicking out to the edges and trimming before I can declare the job done.
On my way home I couldn't resist stopping at the same place as yesterday to photograph the evening sky.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love yellow and blue together!!
We've had a sunny day here too. : )