Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 February 2016

Sweet Scent.

Heavy rain again in the night but the drive was kept safe by my enhanced fortifications. There were some moments of blueness this morning when the sun tried to break through. The rain returned later in the afternoon and there are more weather warnings for tonight.
This morning I saw Speedy looking at me one-eyed through the window. I gave his eye a wash with tepid water and apart from looking pink I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with it. By this evening he had his eye half open. If it doesn't continue to improve tomorrow then we'll be taking a trip to the vet.  
Yesterday I had noticed couch grass spreading over a big patch of London Pride in the garden so today I got out and cleared as much as I could before the rain got too heavy. Then I got on with backing up my photos. I still find Windows 10 very cumbersome. I've managed to work out how to put each day's photos in a separate folder which the old Windows did automatically. Now I have to create a new folder each day and rename it twice. What a palaver.
I know I've shown these recently but today their scent was filling the whole house. I could even smell them outside our bedroom door which is 1 room, the stairs and 3 corridors away.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Your hyacinths are a real treat for my dreary tired eyes. The smell must be wonderful.

happyone said...

Hope Speedy's eye is better.
The hyacinths are beautiful. I can almost smell them.