Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 February 2016

Grey.

It has been grey today. Dry in the morning and raining gently in the afternoon. In the morning I had some work to do for school and then there was just time to put some silicone seal around the sink in the pink bedroom. I had tried to do the job quickly last week but it was a case of more haste less speed. My original effort looked rather messy so I had to carefully remove the rubbery seal with a scalpel. It's terrible stuff to get off but I found that acetone on a paper towel helped to remove the last traces. Then I took my time and carefully squirted the sealant around the edge of the sink. 
I left earlier than usual for school as I was holding a School Council meeting during the lunch break. There are 2 School council members from each class who represent the rest of their class. When I asked if they had any concerns they brought up the fact that 2 boys are frequently fighting during playtimes. It does get dealt with at the time but they felt that the teachers should "teach them a lesson". One boy had a few highly imaginative ideas including digging a trench across the playground with the "good" children on one side and the "naughty" children on the other but the rest of the SC members realised that was impractical. They settled on my option of  having the class teachers talk to their classes about school rules and behaviour and thought the rough boys should tell their teacher what kind of a playtime they had.
There's a lot of this strange grey lichen growing in the garden. It's a dog lichen which gets its blueish colour from the cyanobacteria  which allow it to get energy from nitrogen.

No comments: