Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 February 2016

Drizzle.

We had heavy drizzle this morning which cleared up by the afternoon. My morning was spent painting walls in the study as well as climbing on the desk to give the window frame a much needed clean. 
At school I had my usual busy Monday afternoon. I've started a new theme - Belonging, for the RE lessons. Today we talked about belonging to a family and the children all drew their families. One little girl asked if she could draw a man in a dress. Not because her dad wears a dress but because she couldn't draw trousers. I'll have to tell her dad's mum who works in the school how he was going to be portrayed. I suggested trousers would be better.
After work I walked in to town as the library had phoned to say the next 2 Game of Thrones books had arrived. The reservations section is self-service with the books arranged alphabetically by the borrower's surname. At £1 for each reservation it's going to cost me a lot to read the whole series but it's cheaper than buying them.
When I got home I did a bit more painting so that I can start the gloss work tomorrow.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Now a days you never know!! : )
I got that series of books for a present over a year ago and haven't read them yet. I'm on the Outlander series. Have you read any of them?

Ruta M. said...

We watched series 1-5 on TV, very watchable apart from the obligatory nudity in every episode. So far I've read the first book and nearly finished the second. They are easy to read and as the TV series followed them quite well they add extra detail. No graphic scenes but lots of descriptions of costumes and armour. I haven't tried the Outlander series yet. I'll look out for them at the library.