Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sunny.

After an initial drop of rain it has been lovely and sunny today. Warm in the sun but very cold in the shade. I got home just as the sun dropped below the horizon and the garden thermometer was already below zero. 
The first job of the morning was to redo the silicone seal at the bottom of the tiles above one of the kitchen counters. The heat from the hotplate and age had left the old seal cracked and grubby. I never get a good finish  to these things but at least it is now bright white. I also put some sealant around the little sink in the study. My other morning job was gloss painting in the study. I did the door, skirting boards and the hatch into the loft. Before I could start I had to dry my paintbrush which was still wet from being washed after painting the walls. A quick rub with an old rag and then a blast of hot air from my hairdryer did the trick.
At school after the usual phonics I got to observe and question the children while they did the various activities set up in the classroom. These are now known as continuous provision activities. I also took photographs and wrote down what the children said. At the end of the day we had a staff meeting preparing us for a peer review next week, sort of a mini Ofsted inspection. It seems the main focus is now work in books and of course the levels the children are at.

1 comment:

Ruta M. said...

Optical illusion I'm afraid. These are teeny ones about 1 cm across.