Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 February 2016

Wet.

It has been a grey day with a choice of rain or drizzle. Right now (4.00) the clouds have come down so low that I can hardly see into the field.
I've been getting on with Peter's study all day. I've stuck on 3 tiles to make a splashback,  put up 2 strips of lining paper and painted 1 wall and the ceiling. I also painted an initial coat of white on the wooden box that will hide the pipes. The hardest part of painting has got to be moving the furniture around and positioning the dust sheets to protect everything from the tiny spatters from the paint roller. The room could really do with a new carpet but there is just too much heavy furniture and a rowing machine that would have to be moved. So the red carpet will stay. 
Signs of new growth in the garden.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I agree, the worst part of painting is moving everything.

Harriet said...

Agree....those tiny paint spatters are so irritating. We in Michigan have had two glorious days albeit quite windy. Yesterday I was able to do a very little weeding after cutting back my lavender. This morning was a walk around to pick up sticks as our son is coming in later this afternoon and bringing Bella who thinks eating a stick is a treat.