Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 February 2016

Cold.

Happy Valentine's Day to those of you who celebrate it. Peter gave me another beautiful orchid to add to my collection. (Not all my orchids have survived but some produce flowers each year.) Peter also gave me a box of Lindt d'Or chocolates. No dieting today.
It was a bright sunny and cold morning. By the time I went out in the afternoon the clouds had rolled in but apart from one brief hail shower it stayed dry. I did lots of weeding, mostly on the big bank. It feels good to know that all the couch grass is gone and the spring plants can bloom unhindered. 
I also did a little weeding around the winter flowering heathers. They are just coming into their own and in a week or two that section of the bank should be a mass of pink, purple and white. 
Eventually I came back inside and played around with the earrings. With the dragonflies being different I just tried to keep the quantities of beads on each side the same. I didn't use everything that had been on the necklace and added a few small blue glass beads for a splash of colour. I'm quite pleased with my fun earrings.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

You sure had a nice day, Ruta. I think your students will be enthralled when you wear your Dragon Fly earrings.

happyone said...

What a lovely day you had. : )
Happy Valentine's Day a day late.
Very cold here yesterday. 1 degree in the morning.