Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 February 2016

A New Vegetable Garden.

It's been a fairly bright day but the wind felt a lot colder. Before I escaped to the garden I worked on the inner window frame in Romas' old room. When he had painted his room somehow most of the window frame as well as the sill were painted with the wall paint. As it was only emulsion paint a combination of warm water and careful scraping with a plastering palette knife got all the paint off. Later on I gave the sill another coat of white gloss paint. 
For most of the day I have been working outside and at last the old hens' run looks more like a veg garden. Or at least an aspirational veg garden. In terms of prospective buyers it's a lot better to see something ready to be planted up than an area overgrown with nettles and other weeds. 
It still needs more raking but already I've been able to even out the slope and spread the rich black soil made by years of composting. 
The postman brought me a card from Vytas and a couple of photos from the wedding. I hadn't quite got round to printing out my photos at Tesco's but the photos that arrived today were two of my favourites. 
A wren seen from the kitchen window.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Looks like a lot of work getting that all raked out and reading for planting.
Looks nice and tidy.

Mary Siler said...

I'm in awe of the way you have fransformed the garden. When I was there in October it looked nothing like it does now...well done!