Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Wet.

It was a grey wet start to the day remaining grey in the afternoon without the rain.
It's not been a good day for me. After a recent very stressful meeting (work) I had an email the same day from somebody who had been at the meeting. I responded to the email and then didn't look at the email again as I wanted to put it all from my mind. Today I looked at the email to discover that I had missed a vital point making the situation worse and raising my stress levels sky high. I have made an appointment to speak to my doctor later in the week. Meanwhile I kept myself busy doing lots of work in Peter's study and tomorrow I can start repairing the holes in the wall. There is a small hand basin that needs tiling and some boxing in of the pipes underneath. That I should be able to do this week.
After a break with the last of the Christmas marzipan bars I wrapped up to do a little more moss clearing up in the scree garden. Yesterday while I worked I could hear wood pigeons cooing and a blackbird singing sweetly. Today it was just the raucous cawing of the rooks in the trees. 
Yesterday while I was in town I took some pictures of the River Yeo which leads into the River Taw. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear you've had a stressful day.
Hope tomorrow brings a happy day. : )