Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 February 2016

Gloomy Day.

It's been a wild, wet day today. I took these photos in the middle of the afternoon to show just how grey it was. I started my day's work by painting the study wall that I papered yesterday. Later I was going to gloss paint the skirting boards in that corner only to find I had used up all the white gloss paint earlier. Then I had a long session preparing the RE for next half term.  While I was doing that Peter had a sort out of his IT stash and cleared lots of cables and stuff to throw out and some other equipment which he will give to the local college. Now there's just his paperwork to file/bin.
After sorting out my school work I then wiped and went through all my clothes storage boxes. Now every box is labelled and I even found a few items to give away. Not that many, a couple of tops and t-shirts and I shall finally be giving away my horse Meg's numnah (saddle cloth). Perhaps it was a symbol of my dream to own horses for all the family! I'm not even sure why I hung onto it because as soon as I got Meg I bought a padded red numnah which was better for her and looked good against her black coat. (She had a red head collar and lead rope too.) 
Me on Meg back in 1982.

No comments: