Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 May 2016

Baking Day.

No sun today. It was overcast in the morning so I treated myself to a couple of hours working outside. My job for the day was to weed both the planted walls by the scree garden. I've always like the effect of plants growing on a stone wall and it is much easier weeding the side and top of the wall than bending down to weed at ground level. Hopefully in our future home I will be able to incorporate walls or raised beds in the garden.
(Spot the disguised sign behind the left hand end of the wall.) There were a few gentle showers as I worked but eventually rain/low cloud forced me back indoors. It's perfect weather for planting so I took (accidentally pulled up while weeding) some old English Pinks (which are white and smell of cloves) and planted a row in the propagating plot.
The rest of the day was devoted to school work and attempting to bake some cup cakes for Peter to take to work. I say attempting because the rayburn is in need of a service and the temperature is running low, 45 mins for cup-cakes? My first batch of lemon drizzle cakes went in some mini Bundt cake moulds  and were not properly done when I turned them out. The rest I did in cup-cake cases and hopefully will be enjoyed by Peter's work colleagues.
We've got a couple more lots of people coming to view the house and one lot of viewers are selling their house in the road we want to move to. We know which house it is and it is too big and smart for our needs but what a coincidence.

No comments: