Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 May 2016

Wonderful Weather.

Looking out of the window this morning at an azure sky and lime green trees swaying in the wind I knew it was going to be a lovely day. I didn't get going straight away because I must have slept awkwardly and my neck was very sore. A couple of cups of coffee in bed while I watched pastry chefs demonstrate their skills sorted out my neck and I even did my exercises before I went downstairs.
My first outdoor job was a final sweep of the covered area by the scree garden (the loggia according to the estate agent's description), some weeding and a couple of signs to remind people to watch out for low flying swallows and the very low doorway into the pump room. Then I got on with the main task of the day - cutting down the final tree stump. The first half wasn't so hard but then the bow saw could go no further on that side and the fun began. I tried to saw while sitting rather than kneeling and bending over but it was difficult to position myself and the saw and I had to make a number of starts on the far side of the stump. Eventually I got fed up and used the axe to split off as much of the wood as had been cut from underneath. That made it easier and finally after much toil and sweat the stump was off.  
Before I collapsed in the sun lounger I camouflaged the  back of the For Sale sign. We both found it depressing to look at from the house and garden and who knows how long it will be up? I cut down some of the tall rubus that was invading the rough ground, tied it in a bunch and then to the sign post finally adding leylandii branches to screen out the red sign.
Not too bad.
Then I gave myself up to an afternoon of relaxation on the sun lounger with a library book. The cats as usual joined me though after a while the sun got too hot for them. Squeaky moved into the shade and Speedy snored gently underneath the sun lounger. 
After a good rest I did some lawn edge trimming with the long handled shears and then raked out lots of moss from along one edge of the lawn. It looks a little shaggy at the moment but after the next mowing should be nice and tidy again.

No comments: