Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Hot.

A lovely morning again though it began clouding over quite early on. Driving to work at lunchtime my view across the bay was obscured by a thick cloud bank over the sea so that the top of the land on the far side of the bay appeared to be floating in the sky.
All that chipping away with the wood chisels has not been in vain as it made it possible for me to use the bow saw close to the ground. I had put a new blade in the bow saw and within an hour the final trunk was down and the ground cleared of wood, stones and weeds. As we had been promised rain I split some of my perennials and took cuttings of sedums which I planted in the veg plot. After I came home from work I was able to take out 2 more of the stumps with the bow saw leaving just 1 to do. 
At school I took the children out on the field again despite the threat of heavy rain. It did feel very humid so I brought the children in early. Once they had changed out of their PE shoes I taught them to sing 'On top of spaghetti' which they sang with great gusto.
It rained a little on my journey home and it looks like it might rain again this evening.

No comments: