Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Lots of Wildlife.

It was still sunny this morning but much colder with a sharp wind. Good weather for the farmers who are cutting grass for hay and silage. That does mean more tractors on the roads hauling extra large trailers of grass. I thought I was going to get stuck behind one this morning but for once the driver pulled over to let me pass. Sometimes they are so intent on getting their job done that you end up driving behind them for miles going at 25 mph.
As I drove up the hill to work I saw a new goose family, 4 goslings this time. Both families were still in the field when I came home 5 hours later. 
Today's staff meeting had been cancelled so instead of just going down to the Co-Op I went over the bridge to Lidl's to stock up. Next week is half-term so I wont be going into town quite so often. 
When I got back into my car I noticed a duck sitting down in the car park which I thought rather strange.  I thought it so odd I drove over to check if it was alright. Then as I got out of the car not only did the duck get up but there were 2 drakes also sitting down on the walkway. I suppose they were enjoying the warmth of the tarmac. 
On my way home I stopped on the back road because there were 2 big lambs running about on the road. They ran off back into their field but instead of going through the gap by the gate into the field they turned to the side and were trapped between the netting fence and the hedge. I risked life and limb climbing over the gate which was only held up with a rope at one end and a chain at the other but that only frightened the lambs into running further along the hedge. There wasn't anything I could do so I left them.
Then when I came home there was a moorhen happily  paddling about in the stream. Not a good idea with our cats around. I made sure the cats stayed in for a while to give the moorhen time to wander off.

No comments: