Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 May 2016

Muddy Water.

Last night we watched the Eurovision song contest which didn't finish until midnight which is very late for us so we had a bit of a late start this morning. The new voting system did make it more dramatic and although the eventual winner got votes for political reason it wasn't the usual thing of neighbouring countries voting for each other.
It was lovely and sunny in the morning so I did my sewing outside. It might have been quicker and probably neater if I had used my sewing machine but I was content to sit in the sun listening to the birds. There was a newcomer on the block which I haven't yet been able to identify. It had a very piercing de-dah generally 5 times in a row though sometimes 4.
Peter went off to row in the afternoon and I did a bit of gardening first taking the stones off the top of the bore hole cover, levelling the ground and stacking the stones around the bore hole. Then I used the long handles shears to cut the grass on the steps and paths on the hillside.
While that was going on I had put the repaired sheet and some towels in the wash. Unfortunately because the bore hole pump had tripped (hence the removal of the stones so Peter can check it out) once the switch had been turned on again a lot of red mud came out of the tap first. And yes it also went into the washing machine so my cream sheet and white towels came out a light terracotta. The water is now running clear and my washing is now being re-washed.
It was still quite sunny in the afternoon but getting cooler. I was still able to sit outside in a sunny sheltered corner with my book until too many clouds sent me back inside.

No comments: