Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 May 2016

'For Sale'

It was quite exciting to see the For Sale board up when I got home from work but then when I looked out of the kitchen window it felt like a sad reminder that our time here is drawing to a close.
It rained heavily all morning so I had to abandon my plan to go out and saw down the last stump. Instead I did some work in the conservatory after which I covered my new school diary. There wasn't much doubt about which photo I would cover it with. 
The rain had eased off in the afternoon but there with the threat of more rain and puddles in the playground I decided not to do outdoor PE. As handwriting wasn't a very thrilling alternative I did play some beanbag passing games with the children sitting in a circle on the carpet. Then I worked with small groups of children working on writing 'd' which they still weren't forming correctly. 
Dark clouds loomed overhead as I drove home after the staff meeting and my view across the bay was hidden by sea mist. Going in to work I had driven through the cloud level which was as low as Burridge and there were a number of even lower small clouds inside the Muddiford valley.  
The sky was a bit clearer looking northwards from the top of our road but there was smoke-like sea mist coming in from the Bristol Channel. 


2 comments:

Harriet said...

I well remember when the sign appeared on our lawn in Livonia, Michigan signifying that our house...home to us...was on the market. Thrilling and sad at the same time. I am curious, Ruta, and admit it is none of my business; however, are you and Peter looking for a smaller house and less yard?

Ruta M. said...

We are looking for something a lot smaller (and highly insulated to keep heating costs down) but within walking distance of the sea so probably on the Welsh coast. But while we look for the perfect location we will buy a house in town instead of renting.