Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 May 2016

Wet.

It's a bank holiday weekend so naturally it is raining. That didn't stop our youngsters heading off to the beach with  sandwiches and bodyboards. Apparently they had an exhilarating if cold  time in the sea. 
While they were out Peter went and got some fresh fuel for the chainsaw but in the end that didn't solve the problem. It looks as if the carburettor needs a clean too and a new filter? so still no chainsawing done.  
On returning home Vytas busied himself making a Kylo Ren mask as we all gathered in the kitchen. I carried on preparing supper including making a blackcurrant and apple crumble. I used home grown fruit from the freezer racing against time to top and tail the blackcurrants before they defrosted. My hands looked rather gory by the time I finished. I prepared all the vegetables for supper because having a rayburn does make you schedule timings especially if you have guests.
Having discovered that the chainsaw still wouldn't work Vytas valiantly chopped down 2 more of the trunks using an axe. This was in the pouring rain but he was not to be deterred. It does look a lot more open now.

No comments: