Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 May 2016

Rainy Day.

Before heading off to bed yesterday evening I went up for one last swoosh with the pressure washer. It was half past nine and still light as I cleaned a few more slabs while a few fields away I could hear somebody working in the fields cutting hay. Job done I put away my tools and went off to bed. Not until later did I remember that I had left the extension lead still plugged in and outside. Out I went in my pjs into the now dark garden where I found that it had indeed started to rain. I hadn't bothered with a torch so had to stumble about in the dark trying not to fall over all the hoses attached to the pressure washer while trying to locate a bucket by touch. Once found the bucket went over the extension lead reel which was just long enough to move under the overhang. By then it was raining quite heavily so I was very glad that I had remembered albeit a bit late.
We had quite a lot of rain this morning, bad news for the farmers and it has just started up again. During the dry part of the day I got more pressure washing done and weeded the whole of the path around the little pond.  
I also made a start on bringing down and sorting stuff from the loft. Very little has gone in the bin but most of the rest will go on eBay and/or the charity shops. Having failed to bake cakes yesterday I baked some chocolate cup-cakes and will freeze some ready for next Friday.
Guess who was back 15 minutes ago?

No comments: