Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 May 2016

Hare Today,

When I first opened my eyes to look at the world this morning it was distinctly wet, at my second look I could see nothing but blue and by the time I finally got up it was more on the cloudy side. It felt like rain a couple of times but so far nothing. I got on with pressure washing and then the usual hide-our-stuff-away for an afternoon viewing. As it might look a bit crowded with 4 cars in the yard I took mine up the hill and parked by the top field. Walking down the drive quietly I spotted 2 hares chasing each other on the far side of the field. We get hares up in the fields while the rabbits are generally on the gorse covered valley sides.
The May (Hawthorn) blossom has been a bit late this year seeing as it is nearly June. Elsewhere elder bushes are flowering but I shan't be attempting elderflower champagne this year. 
Once the viewing was over (no feedback yet) and I had walked up the hill to collect my car I decided to call it a day.  I feel I'm almost on top of the weeding as every time I walk through the garden I stop to clear another spot of weeds. 
All day long there has been a steady drift of summer snow from the willow trees. Not good for hayfever sufferers but very pretty and romantic.
The stag was back in the garden this morning so he got shouted at to send him on his way.

No comments: