Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 May 2016

Micro-Holidays.

Yesterday evening we had an intense thunderstorm. It doesn't look as if it was linked to the lightning strikes in Europe. but when the rain finally arrived it was if the heavens had opened and for a while water poured down both sides of the drive. Luckily it was for too short a time to do much damage but that might be one thing I won't miss when we leave here.
Today has been another lovely summery day. Peter went off rowing in the morning while I climbed up into the loft and emptied out some more boxes. I also brought down the rocking horse, I mean everyone has to have a rocking horse in the attic. Ours is a modern one bought for Vytas by my mother and sports a rather shortened mane due to a young Vytas getting hold of some scissors. I've also been pressure washing and weeding but as it was so lovely today more time has been spent just relaxing. While we lived in London we would spend all year looking forward to our 3 weeks in June at the chalets down at Saunton Sands. Then when we moved here we could go to the beach at a moment's notice (ignore the time spent rounding up the children, making sandwiches and packing all the beach gear) so it didn't matter that we couldn't afford holidays. Now I can take micro-holidays where I enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside in exclusive near-isolation whenever the sun shines. I just pull out the sun lounger, grab a book and a mug of earl grey and enjoy the moment.
I've also been working on a little project but that's top secret for the moment.

No comments: