Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 May 2016

Nature Pictures.

This morning I spent some time pulling out the worst of the weeds, mainly bracken, from the scree garden. I must find time to go over the whole of the scree garden properly as it is looking a bit wild at the moment. I was teaching in the afternoon and on the way I left my car at the garage. After the noisy exhaust incident the other day there was still a worrying rattle coming from underneath the car so I had booked it in for this afternoon. It turned out there was only a bit of adjustment needed for which there was no charge. I like my local garage. I was teaching my usual reception class and being Friday the children have a more relaxed afternoon. I gathered up a bag of PE equipment and took them out for 15 mins active play to burn off some of their energy. As the teaching assistant was needed in the other class I couldn't hear readers but got to read the class a story at the end of the day.
When I got home there was just enough time for me to cut all the grass before the rain began. It turns out that the people coming to view our house tomorrow do live in the road we are looking at but not in the grand house. Also Peter knows the chap, small world.
 Spot the squirrel.
The FB nature picture challenge has got me looking for interesting nature photo opportunities. The squirrel and I saw each other through the sitting room window and the poor squirrel froze hoping I hadn't seen him. 
Earlier these 2 blackbirds were fighting over a female and I found the newt (about 5 cms long) under a stone in the scree garden. 

No comments: