Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 May 2016

Wheelie Bin Make-Over.

Mainly warm today with a cooling breeze. The photographer from the estate agents came to take photos for the brochure and website. Before his arrival I had gone round tidying up as much as I could as well as putting conduit over some electrical cables in the conservatory. The photographer also measured and drew up room plans and did the compulsory energy efficiency rating survey. Another chap who will be doing the viewings was also supposed to come round but he's unwell at the moment.
Once the photographer left I walked up the hill carrying all I needed to paint the farm's name on the wheelie bin. Considering I had a ruler and chalked out the space for each letter I didn't do a very good job and the S is going round the corner but at least people will know they have reached the right turning.
While I was painting a new driver in the oil tanker bringing our heating oil top-up stopped to check he was in the right place. I saw him again when I was walking back down to the house and he stopped to tell me that he had had to move my car so that he could turn his tanker around. Although the keys were in it he couldn't start it because there is a code to be put in so the poor man pushed my car back to its usual spot so he could turn the tanker.
I had planned to carry on and walk down to Ashelford Corner but it got overcast and a bit on the chilly side so I just walked back home.
The sun came out again later on and I cut all the grass while it was dry. It was only as I was nearly done that I thought about making some cakes for Peter to take to work. I had bought eggs and butter but oh dear there was hardly any self raising flour. No plain four to which I could add some baking powder, just wholemeal plain flour. Perhaps I could make some flapjacks but no, not enough golden syrup. In vague hope I glanced through a recipe book and found a recipe for Viennese fingers which used a little flour with cornflour. I've made some biscuits which look okay, in fact at first Peter said we should keep them at home but he is going to take them to work once I've drizzled some chocolate over them. 

No comments: