Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 May 2016

Splashing Geese.

All this optimistic house viewing is not good for my head. Last night I couldn't get to sleep thinking about the different options, what we need to do next and where our furniture would go. Peter was snoring rather loudly so around midnight I took myself down to surf the net. When I did go back to bed my head was still buzzing and by 4.00 I got up and went downstairs to make notes on the estate agents' leaflets. Usually when I can't sleep it's because some bit of me is aching and taking more painkillers helps me to sleep. But last night there was no reason to justify taking more pills, until I changed position very slightly/ took an extra deep breath when my back began to ache. Took some pills then and got to sleep just after 5.00. I didn't sleep in for long because I didn't want to upset my body clock so hopefully I'll sleep normally tonight.
We  had some intense showers in the morning with sunny spells in between which gradually lengthened into a sunny afternoon and evening. I caught up with backing up all my photos and did some school work before deciding that I could do a little work outside. 
I split some of the smaller hardy geraniums and planted them out in the veg plot and did some weeding up there as well. I got distracted for a while by the goose family splashing and swimming in the lake. I finished off my gardening by clearing the gravel path in the bog garden. During the winter a lot of silt gets deposited on the path so today's weeding was more a matter of scraping off the inch or so of silt and the weeds growing in it. Having a defined path makes it look like a bit of garden rather than a wild patch by the stream. 

No comments: