Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 May 2016

Hot.

Lots of sun made it a day for shorts, flip-flops and sun-screen. It felt like the best of summer days with the thermometer reading high 20s. The boss man from the estate agents made another visit to take some outside photos and also take lots of notes for the no doubt glowing description that will appear in the brochure. After his visit I climbed into the loft and made a start on bringing down some of the stuff that has been sitting up there for over 20 years. 
It was the perfect weather to air out these 2 handmade rugs and a pair of vintage velvet curtains. I may possibly keep the blue rug if Vytas doesn't want it but the rest is to go.
I had quite a busy afternoon. First I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Peter to take to work, then I mowed all the lawns and I finished off by clearing out the woodshed. At the same time I took down the wind-chimes hanging by the front door and put up the hanging baskets instead. I put potting compost in the baskets as there was a bag of it in the shed but I'll have to go and buy some plants once they have them at the garden centre. Usually I wait until I've bought all the plants before putting the hanging baskets up so it looks a bit strange to me to have empty baskets up.
The leaves are out on some of the beech trees but the Grandfather beech on the corner is always the last to don a coat of green. It was cooling down as I sat outside for my final garden break but it was so peaceful with birdsong echoing through the valley. A blackbird was singing on one side and a wood pigeon cooing on the other, blissfully peaceful.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another busy day for you. I think the rugs are very pretty.