Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Weeding & Reading.


The day started with sun and plenty of wind, perfect for hanging out washing. So I was up early to get the sheets in the washing machine and then out on the line.  
You never know how long the fine weather is going to last so donning wellies and rubber gloves I braved the depths (okay it's only 2ft deep at the moment) of the pond and pulled out lots of grass that was growing happily in the water. I also took out a lot of the pond weed to give the water lilies a bit more space. By the time I had finished I had filled my big laundry weed basket 4 times. The weeds are dumped next to the stream so I don't feel guilty about making any pond life homeless. Then I hand clipped some lawn edges and tidied up the steps and path on the hillside. At the same time I weeded the flower beds on either side of the path. For the moment it looks nice and tidy.
By the time I stopped for a rest it was getting cooler but it was still so relaxing to sit outside and read. More weeding, then reading followed before I came inside to iron the bedding and prepare a salad for my supper.
On one of my forays into the loft I had brought down a collection of old kitchen tins, mainly biscuit cutters and pastry tins. I photographed them in sets thinking I might try them on eBay but I think I'll put them as a complete lot on Gumtree first.

1 comment:

happyone said...

There is no end to weeding here too.
That is quite a collection of tins.