Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 June 2016

A Country Stroll.

My gamble that today would be dry enough to cut the grass paid off and although it felt at times as if it would rain in the morning I was able to cut all the grass. That was after I had climbed up into the loft and brought down some more stuff. Later I was in the sitting room when I saw that stag in the garden again. Luckily all the doors were open so roaring like a banshee I charged outside and frightened it off.
In the afternoon it warmed up and was a bit brighter so I grabbed my pot of paint and walked up the hill. There I painted "Dingles Farm" on the other side of the wheelie bin so now anyone driving along the road in either direction will know where we are. 
Painting done I took myself for a gentle stroll down to Ashelford Corner. Although I drive along that road all the time there is nothing like walking to appreciate your surroundings. That's why I find train journeys  in new places frustrating. We once travelled by train from the north of Spain to the very south and apart from a halt in the mountains where we got off to stretch our legs and throw snowballs we didn't get a chance to experience what the different places were really like.
As I walked I counted 20 different types of wild flowers, some like the yellow dead nettle and the red and white clovers were in small patches while others like the buttercups and cow parsley were in great swathes.




2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta. I especially the "tunnel" created by the trees. Lots of gardening done here today and my 70 year body is feeling all of it. I had a break and read on the porch. No stroll for me.

happyone said...

I love to see all the wild flowers.