Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 June 2016

Garden Day.

I had some urgent outdoor jobs to do today so I was grateful for a dry day even if it wasn't that sunny to start with. The jobs were; cutting down a 10 ft ash sapling that  was growing in the middle of a bush, cutting back some exuberant roses that were growing over an upstairs window, putting in some stakes and string around the 2 big clumps of the giant crocosmia and mowing all the grass.

When I began mowing the grass the sun had came out. By the time I finished the mowing I was ready for a rest. 
After all that work it was good to get into holiday mode relaxing on the sun lounger with my book and a cup of tea and some grapes to hand. I had about an hour before the clouds made it feel a bit chilly. 
When I took the vegetable peel up to the compost heap I got distracted and thinned out the apples forming on the 2 apple trees. I usually forget to do this and with our short summer we end up with  a lot of very small apples. Hopefully by thinning them the remaining apples will grow to a better size.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos especially the rose!!!