Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 June 2016

A Wet Solstice.

When we woke this morning it was still raining. It may be the longest day of the year but it has been a gloomy and miserable day and I don't think there's much chance of seeing the full moon tonight. 
The rain had begun to ease up when I set off for town but the clouds were waiting at the top of the hill. I didn't get out from the clouds until I was almost in town. The rest of the afternoon at work was humid and when the sun broke through while we were out at play it was roasting. However when I got home Peter said it had been raining all afternoon. That's what happens when you live up in the hills.
Before I went to work I had to go for a mammogram as it's 3 years since the last one. The big trailer was parked in Wickes car park and the 2 ladies in there have it so well organised that I was in and out in about 5 minutes. That gave me enough time to pop into the Tesco's there and pick up some oat bran for my morning porridge, as they don't sell it at the Co-Op. I still walked into town after my afternoon's teaching to visit the library. I also bought a new permanent marker for my plant labels as the last one I used is already washing off. I tried W H Smiths but the assistant there couldn't say if their permanent marker would be good enough though she did recall that they used to sell a permanent marker for the garden but not any more. Then I went to Ryman's where I was sold an expensive write-4-all permanent marker and was assured people bought it for use in the garden. I've just been out and re-written a few plant markers so I'll see how good this pen is.
Hardy Geranium Ann Folkard.
Another one to be propagated.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow.
It's been three years since my last mammogram too.