Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 June 2016

Warmer.

Although the skies were grey when I left home this morning it was dry. Going up the hill I drove straight into low cloud and then out again once I was down at the main road. In town it stayed dry and warm all day but when I got home I could see low clouds and signs that it had had been raining. There have been a couple of showers since I got home and it's raining heavily now.
School has been very busy with 2 separate groups of small children who will be starting in September visiting the class for the afternoon. Some had visited before with their playgroup leaders but for others it was their first visit. The parents left the children with me and 2 teaching assistants and then went into the hall for a talk and tea & coffee. Most of the children settled in well and only one child sobbed for most of the time sat on the teaching assistant's lap. The others tried different activities that we had in the classroom. There were a few requests to play outside (not today as we had parents coming and going and milling around in the playground) but generally they all seemed happy. 
After school I gave somebody a lift home and carried on to the Co-Op to do some shopping. I was planning to go tomorrow after school but I think that after an hour supervising the reception children's disco I'll just want to go home and collapse. Working all day with little children is not good for my back and I come home all bent over. I try and give my back a chance to straighten out by lying flat on the floor and doing some leg exercises but it takes some time before I can even lie flat. Just one more week to get through and then I'm back to my 3 afternoons.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your hens and chicks are amazing. I've never seen such pretty ones as those before.