Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 June 2016

Wet.

Yesterday evening I thought we had lost Squeaky, in the metaphorical sense of the word, as I hadn't seen her for the whole day. I thought she had holed up the the hall airing cupboard which is one of her spots when it it a bit colder but I began to get worried when she didn't appear for her food. I walked up the stairs sadly convinced that I would find her gone when I heard a miaowing from one of the spare bedrooms. She must have snuck in there during the viewing and been hidden under the bed when I closed up all the spare rooms afterwards. Peter had been in his study next door with his noisy game and I had been in the sitting room watching Glastonbury. Squeaky gave me such a telling off with a constant stream of cross noises! I couldn't even give her extra food as too much in one go makes her throw up. 
Today a morning of drizzle soon turned into steady rain so apart from a brief photo walk my day has been spent indoors. 
It is now so cool that I need to wear my sheepskin boot slippers which meant one more repair session to stitch the soles back on. I'm teaching for the whole of next week and part of the day has been spent making sure I'm properly organised. The work has already been planned by the 2 reception teachers so that's the main part of the job done but I still needed to make sure I know what I'm doing, which children I'm working with at any time and all the other minutia of class life. 
My final job of parcelling up some items which have done quite well on eBay is half done and I'll get it finished this evening so I can pop to the Post Office tomorrow after school. 

No comments: