Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 June 2016

Glastonbury at home.

I didn't get a good night's sleep last night so I had to make a bit of an effort to drag myself out of bed this morning. No chance of a lie-in today as we had people coming to view the house and I needed to do my usual extra tidy and clean up. 
4 cars make the yard start to look a bit  crowded so I drove my car up the drive and left it by one of the fields. Across the hills I could see some low cloud rolling in from the sea but the day felt pleasantly warm. As usual Peter and I sat in his car keeping out of the way while the estate agent showed the couple plus mother around. They are looking to establish 2 households, there's certainly enough room here or the stone outbuildings by the scree garden could be converted. They seemed nice people but we haven't found out yet what they thought.
After the viewing I walked up to collect the car and as it was so nice I carried on for a walk. At the top of the drive I met Sarah with a group of lead-rein riders out for a gentle hack. We had a chat and then I walked up to Bowden Corner. The concrete block is where the farmers used to leave the milk churns to be collected. Up on the top of the hill the wind felt quite cool and I was glad I had a fleece on. 
In this part of the world many junctions have their own names which does make it easier when giving people directions. Sat-navs don't seem to find places on Exmoor so you have to use a map (which no-one possesses these days) or follow directions. Walking down the drive I could hear the song of a sky-lark singing high up above me.
Coming home I hung out some washing and had a long weeding session in the hens run. Now I've got Glastonbury playing on the tv with the sound bar turned up to max for my yearly music-festival-at-home. I have done some school work at the same time writing out labels for Sports Day and for the playgroup children who will be visiting the class on Thursday. Lovely smells are wafting in from the barbecue where Peter is grilling some lamb koftas for our meal. Now to go and immerse myself in music and maybe have a bit of a dance.

No comments: