Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 June 2016

Sunny.

The sun was out again today. We had more people come for a viewing and it is nice to show the place at its best. No feedback yet but they did spend some time sitting in their car before driving off. Possibly a good sign.
My afternoon was spent pottering around the garden doing some weeding and a bit of grass clipping. I also baked some lemon cupcakes for Peter to take to work and decorated the chocolate cupcakes that were in the freezer. The air conditioning has broken down in his part of the factory and not only do they have to put up with the heat but also with all sorts of chemical fumes. This has been going on for some weeks but without the union being recognised little is done to improve conditions in the factory. The management's attitude is "if you don't like it we can find somebody else" which is only too true in this part of the country.
I ended my afternoon sitting by the scree garden drying my hair in the sun and just listening to all the birds singing.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Your photo of the bee ... it looks very pleased. Sorry to read about Peter's employer. Here in the states its very much the same. We are enjoying lovely weather. Yesterday we were able to clean the windows downstairs. So nice and sparkly clean...gives me lift. This AM I fertilized our potted and hanging baskets. Hope you get realtor feed back as that's the only way to determine what is what.

Ruta M. said...

Depending on the circumstances the estate agent stays and gives me any feedback straight away or they send me an email.So far it has all been good but British people tend to be very reserved about making negative comments, it's not considered polite. Eventually somebody will love the place and be in a position to make an offer.
Re Peter's employer, guess what? It's a US company. Somehow it's the little people who suffer in times of recession.

Harriet said...

Well said, Ruta. We, little people, are in the majority; however, I don't see our numbers in a position to do much about anything. Here in the states, people seem to be working, working, working simply to keep their head above water. My husband and I are retired and through careful budgeting are doing just fine. Neither of us are interested -or for that matter have ever been interested- in living beyond our means. I do wish things were better but have no idea what that really means anymore.